2nd December 2010
I’ve waited 14 years for this; the one step that transports me from the dull ordinary to the magical place where the very air itself sparkles with fairy dust, the atmosphere tinkles with laughter and the picturesque decorations puff happiness.
My last memory of one of these sacred havens was back in 1996, and it was a blur of freezing weather, hot drinks, human-sized cartoon characters and scenes from sitting on my dad’s shoulders.
But I’m finally back, with widened eyes, an appetite for pretty sights and a fully charged camera.
Ah, Disneyland, baby.
I giggled when I read the golden engraving of the magnificent word above the entrance. Sensei just bought me a ticket to be a 6-year-old again! My heart nearly combust under such concentrated dosage of ecstasy, that the only way to prevent the fuel from being ignited was to submerge myself into an inert state of constant sugar rush.
I bet you Sluts could picture me well, sprinting from one end to the other, squealing and clapping my hands in glee, my lips wrapping around an invisible straw with my eyes mirroring the 'O' shape, and, of course, finding every possible available spot to self-time the camera for group shots.
And I more or less lost my speech too. All I could express was, “Oh my God”, “Awwww” and sharp intakes of awe-induced breaths. Honestly, Disney should be sued for causing fatal swelling of minds from immense indescribable wonder.
It was a miracle I didn't just died the moment I laid eyes on Cinderella's castle. Or the It's A Small World kingdom. Or any of the surreal-looking buildings.
Even surprising was, amidst all these marvel, we managed to ride 6 rides, and one of them twice.
1. Space Mountain - The best 30 seconds in my life. Enough said. The entire ride was in darkness, through a tube of blinding starlights that distract you from attempting to figure out the works of the track. If you fail to ride this during your trip to any of the Disneyland, you might as well burn that ticket of yours.
2. Mini Chip & Dale coaster - It was fit for 4 year olds. But we screamed throughout the ride just to annoy the hell out of the rest of the passengers.
3. It's a Small World - My mouth muscles cramped from all the OooOoOOooo-ing I articulated during the whole boat ride.
4. Haunted Mansion - It was anything but haunted. We yelled HELL-O to every single hideous creature that popped out to frighten us. Amazing animation though. And the incredible detail they put into the characters and scenery simply floored me.
5. Thunder Mountain - Think Space Mountain with lights on, and you could see the tracks stretch out before you. Loved the wind in my hair, even if the split seconds in the open air turned my fingernails blue.
6. Buzz Lightyear - Put 2 full-grown youths in a kid-size cart, give them a plastic Buzz Lightyear gun each to shoot invading villains, complete with a control stick to spin the tiny box around so as to defend themselves from all angles, and you have the Buzz Lightyear 2-minute ride.
Food was wicked, as far as humongous turkey legs, Mickey Mouse ice-creams and cinnamon-and-sugar sprinkled churros were considered. I know my sis would chaffed at our lack of desire to try out every single adorable Disney-ed food sold there, but our priority was to cam-whore, soak in all the beauty and ride as many rides as possible.
And my self-timer skill raised cam-whoring to a whole new level.
Gan, Zi Ming, me, Joelle, Izzat and Seong Seong
Chip & Dale's tree house
Minnie Mouse's cottage
The mini roller coaster
Yes that's the only thing I had for lunch
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World kingdom
Prince Philip and Princess Aurora
Thanks to blogger being an ass, I can only upload a couple of photos. If you're my friend, my facebook albums will take you on a tour through the magical journey. If you're not, you probably won't be reading this post anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment