Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined

I hate it when I am about to drift asleep, teetering on the brink of unconsciousness, and an entire essay/the start of a new story/the words I have been struggling to fish up, suddenly pops up. And no matter how many gazillion times I run it in my fuzzy head, it is GONE by the time I wake up, EATEN by my lethargic dreams.Which is why I tend to stay up late, always harboring that mad hope of catching all the butterflies of thoughts before I give in to sleep. I would play song after song after song, trying to dredge up the needed words for my journal or assignment, my playlist acting as a strong gust of wind bellowing sparrows of ideas from their comfortable perching on the ground and amongst wild grass. Then I would end up so exhausted mentally from the attempts that I simply let go by welcoming sleep, which is the exact moment the words flow down like a finally unclogged sink.

Even my brain cells are conspiring against me. FML.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol this happens to me at night