Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A totally random post

Halt! Tham Ying Hui's blog is NOT dead. Here, a totally random post, since I don't have any juicy stuff to blog about other than I just scored full marks for my Malaysian Music quiz again (I shall not highlight or bold or underline the word as it may be offensive to a hell lot of people) and, in contrast, feeling a little depressed that I'm stuck here in Malaysia having quizzes for 3 consecutive days while my bro is currently in Spain sight-seeing and enjoying the time of his life, not to mention achieving his goal to obtain an Honourable Mention (meaning he scored full marks for at least one question).

Anyway, thought I could amuse you people with a list of the dumb/silly/retarded things I've done these past weeks:

1. Woke up feeling all groggy one morning. Without much thought, I grabbed my stuff and went to conduct the morning ablutions but just before I headed for the washroom, the better-to-be-safe-than-sorry me locked the door, which was fine, until my right hand unconsciously slipped into my pyjamas pocket and searched for the keys to jingle about...and felt none. Shit. My other pocket proved empty too. Double shit. In the end, I had to put on a so-what-people-do-silly-things-all-the-time face and went down to the lobby to ask for the extra keys from the MALE guard, with tons of pairs of eyes on me and my cartoon-covered pyjamas. Ugh. I nearly died of embarrassment.

2. It was a chilly and breezy morning that day. So, I sat at my desk, which was right by the window and admired the distance mist near the rows of bungalows (even if the mist was a little too thick and low to the ground) while pinching my nose and trying to identify an oh-so-familiar stench. As I was leaving for my classes, I met one of my dorm mates and expressed, "今天天气很冷hor? 你有没有看到mist?"

She gave me a puzzled look. And I continued, "可惜有一种臭味..."

"Err...那不是mist...那是dengue药..."

HAHA. Riiiiiighttt.

3. So I was sitting and leaning on my chair, which was oddly cool on my back. I was enjoying the patch of comfortably cold feeling on my back when, after quite some time, I realized the back of my chair was supposed to be plastic and not metal. I turned around and found out I was leaning on my wet face towel and I had to leave for class in 10 minutes time. Crap. And I was carrying a sling bag, which didn't do much good in covering the square wet patch on my back. Well, at least it wasn't on my behind...

4. Till now I still can't figure out how to twist open my Dove body wash bottle. You know, the one that looks like this:



Yeah. So I had to screw open the whole top to get some soap everytime I bathed. Who knows, I can be doing this till the soap runs out.

5. I came back from the gym, all panting and coated in sweat, thinking of resting for a while in my room before taking a nice cool shower when I combed through my bag and realized I left my keys by the sink, in the bloody gym, which was in Block A. Eff. So my poor legs had to bring me all the way down the slope, up 4 floors to the gym, told the guard I was just retrieving my keys, snatched the keys from where I left them by the sink, walked back down 4 floors and then huffed and puffed my way back up to the top of the slope which was my hostel. Worst still, the lift was shut down by that time (it was after 6pm) and I had to heave myself up 4 more floors to my room. Talk about exercise...

I know, I'm so damn capable of being retarded...

No comments: