Thursday, July 31, 2008

An unpleasent change in mood

Behold my sexy people, today is a memorable day coz Tham Ying Hui had just used her Maybank ATM card for the first time ever! And I didn't just use it for some shopping spree or because I ran out of cash, it was to pay my tuition fees! Plus, I got to sign that receipt thingy! *Sniff* I'm so damn proud of myself.

So, I was practically in a cheery mood this afternoon, thanks to that and also to my Malaysian Studies midterm paper, which I obtained 37/40, when I received an infuriating phone call within the 10 minutes of reaching my hostel room. There I was, humming to whatever song I had in mind at that moment when my phone rang and who should be calling but my former unspeakably-selfish and self-centered Nigerian presentation partner, Joyce. The world suddenly dimmed before my eyes.

"Er..hello?" I tried to keep my frustration under wraps.

"Hello. This is Joyce here. Where are you?" You should have heard her accusing rudish tone when she spoke the words 'Where are you'. It was as if I've chickened out on her or something.

"In my hostel room."

"When are you coming down (she meant Block C, the School of Music)?"

"I'm not sure. I'm having my lunch now. Why?"

"I want you to help me save something from the Internet." You want me? You WANT me? Hey, haven't you heard of the word 'please', woman? Seriously, she didn't even bother to ask whether I was free! Not to mention she said it in a matter-of-fact tone, which made me even madder. What am I, your slave?! Yeah, dream on, bitch.

"Oh. I'm really not sure when I'll be coming down coz after my lunch, I have something important to do (like, stay away from you?)."

"So when are you coming down?" Now she was starting to piss me off. She actually sounded threatening. To be frank, I really felt like slamming the phone shut right there and then.

"Sorry but I really don't know. I can't confirm the time now."

"OK. OK." Her tone was like, 'Fine. You don't want to help me? Fine. I'll find somebody else'. HAH. As if anyone wants to help her (wait till you guys hear about how she treated my friends and me, when I was her presentation partner).

Paused for a moment. "OK. Bye." And I quickly shut my phone before she could utter another word. My mood officially ruined.

I still can't comprehend why couldn't she just bloody learn how to use the Internet. She'll be needing it for assignments and presentations for the next 4 years, for God's sake! She can't just keep troubling people to help her look for notes everytime she needs them! Plus, she didn't even thank people when they did help her (e.g. me). It was like we HAD to help her because she's an International student or some shit. Argh. Thinking about her makes me angry. So I'd better end the post here.

P.S. FYI, Joyce is NOT an adolescent-turning-into-adult teenager like me and you, she's a supposedly 'mature' adult in her late 20s or early 30s, aka woman. Honestly, you would think she understand the word 'self-taught', but apparently she doesn't.

No comments: