“To all Introduction to Probability & Statistics students, today’s class (2/9) is CANCELED. The class will begin next Monday (8/9).”
At first, I (along with Eunice and Ming) just stood there, staring at the paper in disbelief, reading the lines over and over again. Then the words sunk in. WHAT THE FUCK?! My class was fucking CANCELED?! How could they fucking cancel a class just like that?! Did they fucking think everyone lived nearby and just fucking walked to college for classes?! Selfish fucktards. I never knew it was POSSIBLE for a class to be canceled on the FIRST DAY of the semester. But then again, there were tons of stuff I never knew.
Anyway, after expressing our outrage, Eunice proposed we went to the 4th Floor to check on the Film & Arts Appreciation class. HA. It was canceled too. Oo it really pissed me off, you know, but it was mostly because there wasn’t any form of prior notice and I came back to the hostel a day too early (and I had to drag myself out of bed an hour beforehand to get ready for class), not because there wasn’t any class, unless, of course, there would be a replacement one. Sad for Eunice and Ming though, having to rush all the way back from Johor and Pahang, respectively, only to find that there were no classes.
In the end, we informed the rest and decided to fill the time with a lunch since everyone was in college already. Wen Dee and Rachel volunteered to drive, so we split ourselves up into 2 groups: Me, Eunice Ming and Emmanuel took the Wen Dee's car while Jia Wen, Kevin, Andrew and Justin went with Rachel. We left almost immediately, being so damn hungry (at least the rest were). Until 10 minutes had passed upon leaving the campus, we had no inkling whatsoever of where we were heading for lunch. Wen Dee was simply blindly tagging behind Rachel’s car and suddenly 1 of them called to tell us they decided on eating in MidValley. Weee…I LOVE spontaneous outing!
Wen Dee found an empty parking lot almost in the instance we entered the car park. What luck. So we had to do the waiting while Rachel searched for one. When Eunice called Jia Wen to ask about their location, a guy picked up and went, “Good afternoon, this is McDonald’s. What would you like to order?” which made Eunice stare confusingly at the phone. Then she tried again, “Hello? Jia Wen?” The same guy answered, “Hello, this is Air Asia. Would you like to book a plane ticket to Pangkor?” Damn it, it was Kevin. Eunice soooo wanted to strangle him.
For a certain reason, which was unknown to me until we got there, they decided on Domino’s. I mean, why Domino's when there was Pizza Hut? But we went anyway. They were already seated when we arrived and so we plonked ourselves down and started the procedure a normal lunch would require: crap while debating on what to eat, discussing and thinking, finally ordering food, crap while waiting, eat and crap, crap while digesting, then pay the bills and ciao. Oh, and we found out why they chose Domino's: Andrew had never eaten it before. Riiight.
Lunch dragged on to more than an hour, which wasn’t really an issue for me (I love long lunches) if I hadn’t planned on visiting the gym to burn up all the fats I had fed during the 2-week break. On the contrary, I was hoping we would stay to do some accessories shopping or just wander around, the guys would HATE that. But sadly, they were rushing to get home. Oh well. At least the lunch was good enough to extinguish my annoyance about the cancellation of the classes.
P.S. Thank you Rachel, Jia Wen, Kevin and Andrew for the Pangkor bookmark!
No comments:
Post a Comment