And so came my sis to my campus for that insane 3 days 2 night 'field trip' of hers. Didn't do much that day other than touring the place and making a visit to the nearby Giant to replenish my apparent depleting stock of junk food.
The gym. See that area above the Digi advertisement? Yeah. That's where I work out during my free time.
Wednesday (29/10):
I swear, my room is a hell of heat-trapper. It's like living in a mild sauna in the morning, then a preheated oven by mid morning, a porcelain heater all through the afternoon and, even during the night, a thermoflask or some sort, keeping the hot air trapped in the room until it's literally impossible to sleep. What the heck happened to the continuous downpour of the monsoon season since the week before last?! I miss that! At least the air stayed cool all day long and I don't sweat like a pig and had my hair matted to my head. I hate smelling like dung.
Anyway, I pitied my sis, being cooked up in my room like a chicken being roasted over a fire. The suffering would be less had she came last week. Oh well. So, we spent as much time outside (and I don't mean sunbathing, mind you) as possible, taking a looooooong lunch (by chewing endlessly on the food) and lingering in air-conditioned shops, like Watson, on the way back to the campus.
Reached the hostel around 4pm, took a short nap, a quick shower and then it was pasar malam time! Seriously, even the press of bodies and the heat coming from the 'open-cooking' couldn't beat the heat in my room. Sheesh.
Thursday (30/10):
My sis couldn't be more thrill to leave one place. Especially when we were heading to a place with an opposite climate - the ice-skating rink! It might as well snow.
But first thing's first, lunch at Secret Recipe!
Sis requested to take a photo with Joanne, so I had one taken too =)
One and a half hour later...
No comments:
Post a Comment