Monday (3/11):
Overspent my daily budget by 4 bucks but what the heck. It's not like I go on impromptu outings everyday.
Anyway, tagged along with Jia Wen, Rachel, Kevin and Timothy for lunch and movie at MidValley after Composition class. Was kind of worried that they would resolved with catching The Coffin coz, trust me, I DO NOT go down well with horror movies. I can't even remember when was the last time I sat through one.
But lucky me. We watched Bangkok Dangerous instead =)
Was rather disappointed with it though. Nicolas Cage's movies were always either adrenaline-pumpingly fast-paced or his character wickedly smart or plain absorbing. This movie, however, was just so...laggy? I kept waiting for action, for bombs to detonate, for his character to make an unexpected move, for anything that would cause my eyes to bulge and mind to go, "Whoa", but it just didn't come. Oh well. And it didn't help the last action movie I watched was Eagle Eye. It was the best yet.
Went to Nose after the movie, where Jia Wen spent 20 minutes sashaying in a pair of black with green stripe heels before buying it. There was a pair of black and silver heels that I liked. Plus, it wasn't that high. 2 inches at the most? I didn't get it though. I was broke. Maybe next time, when I drag my mom there one day.
Got back just in time to cook dinner with Joanne (I brought marinated pork and stuffed it into the fridge. Shhh). Yes, she brought a rice cooker with a steamer on top. Save a lot on food, you know. Good investment.
Wednesday (5/11):
Dad called from Dallas in U.S. with news hot and fresh from the oven: Barack Obama won the election! Cheers! Here's a toast to America's first African-American President!
Since it was around noon when he called, that meant it was about 10pm on Tuesday at where he was. Cool =)
Thursday (6/11):
Happy 18th Birthday, Kevin 'Lah' Ong!
A bunch of us (10 of us in total) celebrated his birthday at Wen Dee's mom's restaurant, Nihon Kai. Took my ages to order since I wasn't familiar with Japanese food. Ended up ordering O-something-something-Don.
And then Andrew saw Wen Dee's fried chicken pieces. He LOVES fried chicken. So I shared with him and ordered an Ala Carte plate of it. Damn I was bloated.
After lunch, Wen Dee, Eunice, Phyllis, Andrew and Stephan headed to Sunway Pyramid to do some shopping. The rest of us had no idea where to go since some of them had to leave at 4pm, which was an hour and a half away. So, we went back to college and idled by the road to it, and stoned. For 15 minutes. Until Kevin came up with the idea of going to Tesco. It was near our college and it had free parking -__-"
And so we spent the remaining time circling the place, scrutinizing at things like we hadn't seen them before. We ended up buying a bar of Cadburry chocolate and Pringles (I think).
So, yeah.
P.S. Weeeee....Dad's coming home from U.S. tomorrow morning! And so is the set box of Twilight!
No comments:
Post a Comment