Monday, April 13, 2009

Jury wha?

13th of April - A wild, unleashed screaming banshee was spotted in the relatively peaceful neighbourhood of Bandar Utama this evening around 4pm. 

The reason that caused the screeching still remains unclear though it was reported by the local residents that a high-pitched shouting begun as soon as a red Toyota car was seen driving through the gates of one of the houses. It was rumoured that the unidentified creature had just returned from a certain college of hers in the area of Cheras, which may be the very explanation for the disturbing shrieking brought on. 

Authorities are currently working on uncovering the identity of the seemingly mentally-challeged being. 

**********************************************************

Meanwhile, a muted squealling continues in the room of yours truly.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
FRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

The whole pile of practices.
The whole heap of memorisation.
The whole stash of worries.
All boiled down to......10 MINUTES of examination.

Whoa. That was worth the stress (can you read the underlying current of sarcasm?).

Anyway, performance was satisfactory, nothing to sing and dance about. Other than the fact that I won't have to see the 3 pieces for as long as I want to. Blue Bossa, my least favourite (I was never a fan of jazz and swing, especially not when I'm the performer), was a disaster. Pressed the first wrong chord at the mere second bar. Had me freaked out for a full minute before regaining control. Screw my stage fright (in the sense that I had an audience, the judges, listening to me play). Here, There and Everywhere, by Beatles, was more on minor slips, though I managed to cover them up. I THINK. The closest I could get to perfection was Through the Kaleidoscope, by Steven Cravis, which was understandable since it was a written piece (equals to no improvisation) and, unlike the 2 former songs, I started playing it more or less 365 days ago. All in all, I don't know...skimming just above the Pass line? Oh well. Que Sera, Sera. What will be, will be.

Afternoon was spent on L4D. Again. This time it was with Jia Wen, Wen Dee, Rachel, Kevin and Andrew. Don't think I had improved much since the last time I played but it was wickedly fun. Can't wait to see you people during our sem break, which mine officially begins today! 

P.S. Amanda, darling! I demand for David A's concert photos now! My fingers are itching to paste them up for the world to see! 

P.P.S. In the meantime, hear these songs out. They are fucking awesome! 

Touch My Hand



My Hands (Seriously. What's with him and hands?)

No comments: