Anyway, for all that it's worth, he failed to provide the name of the categories. Or he did and I wasn't paying attention, which doesn't make sense since English classes were the only ones I had my ears and mind anchored to earth. Hmm...
Philanthropy
Pity
Sorry
Mercy
Sympathy
Mitigation
Compassion
Commiseration
Benevolence
Clemency
Intrusion (?)
Attack
Assault
Lunge
Aggression
Assailing
Coup de main
Blitzkrieg
Fusillade
Infiltration
Mindset
Sure
Certain
Positive
Definite
Absolute
Univocal
Conclusive
Ineluctable
Determination
Indication
Hint
Signal
Notification
Warning
Magnificence
Presage
Presentiment
Portentous
Premonition
Admonishment
Attractiveness (?)
Gorgeous
Splendour
Brilliance
Majestic
Magnificence
August
Resplendence
Stateliness
Grandeur
Edacity (?)
Greed
Avarice
Cupidity
Avidity
Voracity
Rapacious
Acquisitive
Covetousness
Ravenousness
(?)
Anger
Ire
Wrath
Rage
Fury
Pique
Tantrum
Vehemence
Paroxysm
(?)
Caricature
Exaggeration
Amplification
Magnification
Extravagance
Burlesque
Hyperbole
Aggrandize
Grandiloquence
(?) Personally, I find this particular list weird. Kind of mixed up. Like, a word or two don't belong, don't you think?
Flabbergast
Captivate
Fascination
Enticement
Allurement
Bewildered
Enchantment
Enthralment
Inveiglement
P.S. They are all in ascending order. Or at least, that's what I hope.
P.P.S. Someone please help me with those marked (?)
No comments:
Post a Comment