I find it ironic that my Intro to Sociology result comes out higher than any music subject I have ever taken. And I did not even work hard for it because I enjoyed it so much and the classes throughout the semester were like the redemption I sought. I mean, it is different from the A I get for Music Business; I had to overcome prejudices I had about the subject and got pretty lost and frustrated at my lack of understanding before opening myself to it. But Sociology was… amazing, I love it; the concepts, the theories, the application, the subtle necessity, and its role in my music world. I almost feel guilty for obtaining good grades for doing something that makes me so happy. Then where does music stand now? I supposed this makes it obvious that I need time off before deciding on what I want to do for Masters. Maybe go pick some apples in New Zealand or something. Or visit my French family :) Definitely looking forward to next May, when all this music shit ends.
On a side note…play the Circle of Life folks, for I am about to introduce to the world my little gal, Candy! *Holds ma bay-beh up like that old monkey did to Simba*
If you are demanding why I did not prepare you for this momentous event beforehand, well, that is because I did not foresee it either. I swear we went to the IT Mall with the sole intention of getting a Canon Ixus 115 with the miserable sum I earned from caroling, when my mom went, “What a waste of money. Your sister has the same lousy camera. Why not I top up some money for you and you get yourself a DSLR?” Yes. Double you tee eff. I did not know how serious my parents were till they paid, and the camera is wrapped up prettily in my arms. I nearly shit bricks. And all this time I was wondering who I got my impromptu streak-genes from.

No comments:
Post a Comment