Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tonight, tonight, we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign

Seven days prior to my turning 21 and I was already feeling brave. So I declared I was driving Jing Hua and Joanna to dinner. I was not even asking for permission; I simply demanded for the keys. It must have been the flood of courage churned up from the morning’s unstitching process that filled the empty glass of confidence I had. Not that it made any difference.

The entire family objected. They obviously thought it was some suicide mission of mine. Whoa. I live in such supportive environment. I am overwhelmed.

Thus I resorted to sulking, pouting and appearing as offended as possible. The effect was immediate. I got my keys and the car welcomed me with open doors. Hallelujah.

The mass times acceleration must have been with me because the journey to the organic food café was relatively unperturbed and I did not freak out as I thought I might have. Compared to my previous attempts under the withering looks of my family, the drive was Heineken smooth. Thou shalt part before me, sea of metal boxes on wheels, for Moses seeks a path to a healthy dinner! There was even a parking spot cleared just for me. Praise the force!

And nothing could have made the evening better than awesome conscience-relieving vegetarian and organic food, topped with indulging deserts. At times like these, gluttony is a forgivable sin. Not to mention the ambience of the place; I love white wooden furnishings, so English cottage-like <3

Plus, it was Candy's first night out! I hadn't had much practice since bringing her home but the pictures came out amazing. What an angel! Made me miss what Les Sluts love doing even more: our need to cam-whore was akin to physical gnawing hunger. Cheers to Candy for keeping us satiated.

We left the Boulevard bloated, in both aspects, and the three of us spent what was left of 14th of May in comfortable silence with spurts of conversation, just how I like it (:

No comments: