Sunday, July 31, 2011

War of My Life

If my preference in speaking English and doing everything English-y makes me more comfortable being certain people than others, just let me be. Gods. My mom thinks it is prejudice, my sis thinks it is vanity. Cheeses.

Not that I expect my mom to understand that; she did not have to experience the bipolar world of having English and Chinese speaking friends. Then again, she is always squirmish around my dad's college friends from UK, says their conversation topics are not her cup of tea and she does not get their jokes.So she tends to be extra busy whenever they visit, even offering to fetch me out to meet my friends. Huh. Well, welcome to my world, Mii. That is exactly how I feel sometimes.

It is not the personality or attitude, it is the basic human's craving for approval from people in the sense of behavior, of humor, of mentality, of favorites, and of what makes you you. Will you be comfortable around people who thinks your actions are uncalled for and not within the norm? I enjoy being with my Chinese speaking friends, but at times, I cannot fathom their obsession with singing in a cigarette-smoke-filled box that is karaoke, or them my fetish with picnics. And I am not choosing a group over another. Me loving to be with one of them does not mean I am abandoning the other; some people just allows me to feel happier and fuller in my skin in their presence. Simple as that.

Sheesh. The world is becoming more and more annoying.

No comments: