Friday, March 7, 2008

Lost. Again.

So I'm back to asking myself the same question. Again. Is music REALLY what I want in life? Will I be happy with my decision? Can I go far in this field? Okay, so that's more than 1 question, but that's not the point. The point is whether to go on with the decision I've made.

Sheesh...how much longer do I have to deal with this? I've been through this like, a million times? I thought I'm done choosing a couple of days ago, when I called up the college to arrange an audition (though I'm not sure whether I'll pull it through) for the course. But then my mom decided to bring me to some fortune telling thing, during which the lady told me that I'm suitable in pursuing music, though I'll also fare well in subjects with chemistry, like chemial engineering and nutritionist, which can help me earn big bucks. And THAT got me started thinking AGAIN. Gah.

I mean, yeah, I know money shouldn't be the first on my priority list when making a choice on a course, it's whether I enjoy what I'm pursuing so that I won't end up like high school, during which I hated my acedemic life for the last 2 years coz I've been forced to study the things I didn't enjoy (e.g. Sejarah and Physics and Chinese). Fine, maybe I'm not cut out for Science, much less in college but this is not the first time someone told me I should consider nutritionist (among them was my piano teacher) or something sciencey coz it will help me secure a better and probably easier life in the future.

Okay...let's make a list:
Reasons to choose it
Music
1) Something I love and enjoy doing
2) Might have a chance to travel
3) Less possibilities of working in an office

Courses with chemistry
1) Have a more secure career path
2) Bigger earnings (most though not all)
3) Might not have to stay in a hostel that is so expensive and so far from everyone

Reasons not to
Music
1) Most musician's steady income comes from teaching, which is one of my last options at the
moment

Courses with chemistry
1) Have to deal with science for the rest of my life (though not so much if I pick nutrition)
2) Might have to work in an office (and I HATE working in offices, 1 month working at a legal
firm had decided that for me)

And...? Judging from this table, seems like it's still music for me, right? Or maybe I'm just digging points for it since it's my current decision. Well, now I'm turning to you guyz, all my awesome friends who have known me throughout my high school life and probably understand my character and personalities better than myself (maybe not as well as the fortune teller but I don't think I'm supposed to tell you what she said), any advice for your lost friend here?

No comments: