Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday and Today

Sooo...yesterday was the Anugerah Cemerlang 2008. The function went on as it should be, nothing unique, no surprises, except for the shock that I still remembered how to sing our school anthem. Gah. I'm too lazy to elaborate. I'll just allow the photos below entertain you people.

Jia Yi, Shien Yin, me, Siu Jeen and Sarah

Me, Joanna and Vania

Yi Ming, me and Li Kee (and no, you didn't look sleepy, Li Kee, you looked as awake as I was)

Siu Jeen, me and the 2 who decided pants would make them looked hotter: Jing Lynn and Shien Yin

Siu Jeen, me, Jing Lynn (a new fan of Meg Cabot, I think) and Sophia

Siu Jeen, me, Amanda, Denise, Joey and Jing Lynn

Me and Bin Yun

Joanna and me (Yes! She was really wearing a skirt and red checkered wedges, though you can't see from this photo! Jo, wear this sort of skirt more often, you looked nice in it yesterday)

Me and Mei Qi

Jie Hui (she looked so hot and so cool at the same time!) and me

Mei Qi, Xe Linn and me

Me and Vania

See Mun and me

Denise with her cert and plat (or however you spell it)

Li Kee and Chern Jung, with me hiding behind them

Went to watch 'The Forbidden Kingdom' with sis and bro after the ceremony, which was supposed to end around 12noon but I ciao at 10.30am. The movie was comedy, as most of the movies with Jackie Chan in them would be, and the Shia LeBouf-look alike was rather good-looking at certain angles. It's not really a must-watch show, though it's good if you want something light and fun. Anyone want to watch 'Over Her Dead Body' with me?

As for today, nothing much interesting happened, just that my mom took me for a music therapy talk in Klang, which lasted for like, 3 hours and I was so bloody sleepy, thanks to the yoga class early in the morning (waking up before 8.30am these days is considered early for me). After the talk, my mom kept discouraging me to take up this course for my Masters coz well, I have to admit it too, it isn't an easy job. For one thing, I'll have to deal with problematic or special children, like Autism and Down Syndrome, with whom I must have no limited patience with coz most probably they won't even bother me or comprehend what I'm saying. For another, the career opportunity in Malaysia is like almost nil. Even hospitals, government and private ones, don't even recognize the use of music therapy. So that left with me working freelance. To make that sound worst, since 5 years ago till now, there're only 5 music therapist all together in Malaysia. FIVE. And most parents with special children don't even know they exist. Gawd. Maybe I'll just stick to lecturing if I one day get tired of performing and traveling.

Oh yeah, when I was on my way to the talk, I saw a house on fire! At first, it just looked like some idiotic scum conducting open burning. But as we got nearer, the smoke seemed thicker and thicker till we rounded the corner and saw it was actually coming from a house, which was totally burnt down and left nothing but the structure (aka 'bones')! It was really different, seeing a house on fire 'live', rather on newspaper, as you people would, on tomorrow's. And I got some photos from the scene since it was all jammed up for a while.

Smokey smokey

Busybodies looking at what was left of the house

No comments: