Saturday, July 26, 2008

Course Selection Week

My head is cracked open and my brain juice is drained dry. No, I'm not having my finals yet, which is rather troubling, seeing as how my brains might not be able to function by then. Thank goodness it's over, though I'm not really please with my choices. I mean, how can I be, when NONE of the electives offered has anything to do with music (OK, maybe Film & Arts Appreciation has a little to do with it, say 5%?) and everything to do with what I want to escape from? Here, take a look at the freaking list:

-Accounting Practice
-Economic
-Introduction to Business
-Quantitative Methods
-Computing Essentials
-Computing Studies
-Office Application
-General Physics
-General Biology
-General Chemistry
-Basic Concept of Mathematics
-Introduction to Probability & Statistic
-Algebra & Trigonometry
-Calculus
-Film & Arts Appreciation
-Writing for Academic Purposes

Can you see my dilemma, people? I mean, what the fuck ARE these?! My parents are forking out money for me to study MUSIC and not ELECTIVES that have practically NOTHING to do with music. GAH. So, I set a rule when I was about to choose my subjects: NO classes on Friday, which didn't help much since most of the Friday time slots are for tutorial classes and I can opt for other tutorial time slots. In the end, after asking everyone the same question every single day and almost every time we met ("Which electives are you taking?"), I went with the crowd and chose:

-Film & Arts Appreciation (about half of my class is going for this)
-Accounting Practice (either this or Economic)
-Introduction to Probability & Statistics (I really need the credit hours)

Ironic, isn't it? I despise maths so much and yet, out of the 3 electives I picked, 2 are maths based. *Sighs* Next semester is going to be one hell of a torture.

Ode of Joy (an oxymoron to my post)

1 comment:

-DaN- said...

Hey!! Daniel here.
The video is nice!! XD
and btw, nice blog here ;)