I couldn't believe I went to college with no inkling whatsoever of my time table or even which classes I was to attend. Seriously. No news on our Jury results, which was THE examination that would grant us access to Degree if passed, and thus no course selection and no paying of fees. So there the whole bunch of us were, back in college but with no where to go.
Monday:
2pm-3pm Band practice
4.30pm-5.30pm Sectional practice
5.30pm-6pm Band coaching
Tuesday:
10am-11am Midi 1
2pm-3pm Music technology
3pm-4.30pm Pop music history
5pm-6pm Piano class
Wednesday:
11am-12pm Band practice
1pm-1.30pm Viola class
Thursday:
10am-11am Midi 1
11am-12.30pm Pop music history
3pm-4pm Music technology
5pm-7pm Choir
Friday:
10am-12pm Master class
12pm-1.30pm Recital
2pm-4pm Modern band ensemble
Please note that this schedule was compiled over the course of 5 days.
Tuesday (5/5):
Gah. Midi class got cancelled. But on the bright side, Wen Dee and I went fishing in the sea full of newbies (there are actually 32 Foundation I students, excluding those joining us 'old ones' in Degree I) and surprise (with the exclamation mark), someone here spotted a rare fish in the waters. Teehee! Degree didn't seem daunting anymore. At least for now.
Had Carl's Junior for lunch. Along with Jia Wen, Rachel, Kevin, Andrew, Wen Dee and David Chiok. In Mid Valley.
HAHA. Some people take things too literally.
Andrew and his excessive intake of fries.
That burger won't stay so large and pretty for long, especially not in Wen Dee's hands
"Nothing beats Carl's Jr.'s burgers!" enthused a customer only known as Kevin.
David the Mr. Messy
*Gasp* Jia Wen lips were swollen! So Kevin gave her some reddish antidote for them.
Rachel looked so happy =)
Yours trulyWe rushed back to college and arrived at 3pm on the dot. Only to have the class cancelled.
Wednesday (6/5):
Couldn't recall what I did that day other than lazing about since classes still hadn't started yet. Oh! Jing Hua came to meet me after her classes coz she wanted to practice piano. And guess what? She knew Rachel from their primary school days! Cool =) This is a small world, baby, a small world.
Thursday (7/5):
Hell yeah. First class in the first week of our first semester in Degree. Midi I. All about editing, mixing, arranging and manipulating audio data, plus others that you non-musically-inclined people might not comprehend. Sounds fun? It IS, if minus the presence of the ASS factor. Shitload. An assignment is due every single week starting the week after next. So within less than 60 minutes, you can imagine my face going from :) to >:(
To top it up, Adil gave us a shopping list: A flash drive with at least 1GB, a hard drive more than 160GB and a set of headphones WITHOUT the microphone. Consequences might be dreary if his requests are not met. And so, shopping was a must, and since Wen Dee couldn't make it on Saturday, we decided to do it right after Pop Music History.
By 12.30pm, the number of lines of frown had multiplied doubly. The reflective questions Alex handed us to answer were next to impossible. I foresaw endless hours of eye-straining research.
Anyway, off to Low Yat Jia Wen, Rachel, Wen Dee, Kevin, Andrew and I went! Whee...I got to sit the college's shuttle bus for the first time, as well as my first Star-line LRT ride! Right. I sound ridiculously backward here. But my point is, it was fun! Especially the part where we kept tricking the sleepy Wen Dee into getting off the train before our stop, though, of course, we would have dragged her back in if she did. I think.
We met up with Bi Ying, Pik Ying, Huay May, Ming and some random friend of his during lunch at KFC. 10 minutes later, the Classical people headed off to buy something (classical-related, I suppose), only to joined us at one of the shops that sold rows of headphones. Then again, most of the shops there sold rows of headphones.
Thanks to the staggering amount of 13 sets of headphones (11 Philips, 1 Sony and 2 God-knows-what brand), we had a 5-buck price deduction. But it had to be paid in cold hard cash *Eyes narrowing into slits* So poor Ming went bankrupt after lending us practically every piece of paper money in his wallet. HAHA.
Headphones were the first and last thing we bought. Time was running out: we had more or less an hour before choir started and you know how even trains in Malaysia could get. Not to mention the college's shuttle bus.
Wen Dee and Pik Ying, whose place (in Ming's friend's car) Rachel took in order to rush back to the college in time to attend a class
Beggars on the platform of Bukit Bintang monorail station. Someone was sure feeling absurdly generous that day: Beggar 1 got a mouse, beggar 2 got a set of Philips headphones and beggar 3 was smiling away as she viewed her gift. 
Andrew's new name. HAHA. All thanks to the printing error on the Modern Band list that typed 'Andrew Chan' instead of 'Andrew Chew'.
Reached college with 2 minutes to spare before choir. Thank God the attendance was marked by me and Wen Dee. For the last time.
Heehee. I found out his name :) Sorry, you have to be either one of my Sexy Sluts or my trusted course mates to pry the sacred secret from me.
Syok sendiri with our squeaky new headphones


If you scroll between these 3 photos fast enough, mentally adding the beat box sound, it would look like we were banging our heads to some imaginary rhythm heard only through our unplugged headphones
Oh no. This was just a hologram of them. They were still at their respective holiday venue. Though I can't quite explain Kevin's presence. Friday (8/5):
Attended our first Modern Band Ensemble class. Tons of talking, voting and answering pop-quiz-style questions to book time slots for band practices. It went on way longer than I had anticipated. Took around 15 minutes just for my band to come up with a song to play in the following week. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down. Cool.
P.S. Sorry, hon', that I couldn't make it to the movie. I'll make it up to you guys. I promise, fingers crossed :)
P.P.S. Congrats to all new committee members of junior choir. Happy working!







No comments:
Post a Comment