You know, I had always imagined my 19th to be, not huge, but wild. Perhaps leaning towards impromptu-rendezvous-to-exotic places, karaoke...with the added spices of being entertained by a certain kNarnian...hints: Umbrella >:) + slumber party (without the slumber), or even picnic accompanied by loads of cam-whoring while getting caffeinated with Starbucks. Of course, what with the unexpected piles of assignments, heavy schedule and other shits of being a Degree student, I couldn't possibly believe things would turn out how I wished it could have been, no?
Nevertheless, the back-to-back celebrations were fawesome. Sumptous meals. Plentiful of cam-whoring sessions. Had a stitch in the stomach for L.O.L. Best of all, amazing and lovely company. And so, from the soles of my feet, I thank you for extracting a couple of hours of your time to celebrate and thus mark the end of my 18th, and the beginning of my 19th, year of life. Merci :)
21st May '09
Ha. Trust my luck to land my birthday on the most gruelling and dreaded day of the entire week. It was, and still is, that one day of the week when all accursed assignments of the past week are due. By the end of the day, you are either half-dozing with exhaustion or seething with annoyance and pent up frustration from the new assignments given throughout the day (mind you, our assignments are not just about keying 5000+ word essays, though I won't be ranting about that till another post).
So yesh, I hereby dedicate an extra THANK YOU to those who went for the dinner after choir, and before that, MIDI, Popular Music History, Music Tech and sectional practices (and some even had band practices) :
Wen Dee (See? I put your name first!)
Jia Wen
Huay May
Eunice
Irene
Phyllis (+ Pierz)
Stephen
Rachel
Kevin
(To Wen Dee) Hmm...just a fleeting thought: I know I sometimes sound like an old record player gone hair-wired when I think nobody's listening to me, but did I tell you how much I love chocolate cakes? Especially those that are filled with nothing but chocolate? If yes, thank you for listening...multiple times. If no, well done on the good guess :) Me LOVED the cake a lot.
Anyway, voila! Photos!
22nd May '09

Met up with the sluts at the Curve for dinner after Modern Band Ensemble (well, it actually started with Coffee Bean, aka Cocaine Binge at 1U, but let's skip that part, shall we?) And because of the unique circumstance, we decided to break our freshly set budget and SPLURGED the night away!
Dinner venue: The Apartment
I love the ambiance there. Reminds me of Fun OK cafe near my college. But a sleeker version. It is like a shrunk house-turn-cafe. And there are real books too, at the 'library' sitting area. FOOD and BOOKS, tasty combination :)
Anyway, of all the places, we were seated at...the 'bathroom'. Partially literally, if you get my drift, since only a single wall was tiled and planted with toilet, erm, gadgets (you know, the shower, mirror, towel bar with a towel slung on it, toilet rolls, that sort of stuff). I would have preferred the 'balcony', or more to me like the 'porch', but I didn't think either of us would enjoy gasping for air everytime we wanted to talk or eat. One smoker was enough to deter us.
Moi Wandered around for a bit to digest off the food before our thirst made it impossible to ignore. And since I couldn't name a place to have our drinks, and desserts, they made me close my eyes and point to a cafe on the map. Blah. My finger landed only on non-coherent locations.
So we stoned. And stoned. And stoned. Until I came up with a name...Paddington House of Pancakes. I probably would have to stop spending for a week if we really ended up there. But fortunately, we stumbled upon California Cafe. Look what we had treated ourselves to:
Sinful indulgences
The course would not be complete without a 'quick' stop at the luxurious hotel to cam-whore (you should have seen this coming).
Us and my leather birthday throne
The ride home in Amanda's car was wicked! Rolled down the windows and blasted Lady Gaga's Poker to max volume while screeching the song to everyone within hearing distance around us. Annoying people is what we do best, no?
Love you sluts XOXO


























No comments:
Post a Comment