Try having a schedule starting at 10 in the morning (it doesn't help when you're sleep deprived) and dragging all the way to 6. And on Thursdays, exchange piano class on Tuesday for sectional practice and choir, which ends at 7. Let's just pretend we're talking about classes, the sitting and listening and attempting to decipher the lectures, excluding the mumbo-jumbo of the shitty assignments and projects. Ok. Now top that up with a recording assignment during the sole miserable 2 hour break or attending a concert after the day's over. It's a death sentence, I tell you.
Ah. The KL Pac WVC Trio + 1 concert.
:)
- Tay Cher Siang (piano) + Vincent Ong (bass) + Adam Osmianski (drums) = awesome music
- Got my concert pamphlet signed by them
- I ain't a KL Pac Virgin no more
>:(
- Drained of energy
- Drowsiness due to lack of sleep
- RUSH to take away dinner. RUSH to the concert. RUSH to reach uni before midnight (but failed).
- Denied access to the hostel (the fucking guards wouldn't even let me pass through the main gates, bitching some shit about midnight curfew and that I wouldn't be allowed into the hostel anyway. Oh? Then how did Phyllis and Song Lin got in? Walked through the damn walls?). So, THANK YOU EUNICE for letting me crash your place!
- Had band practice the next morning
4th June:
All it took was one mere sentence. 3 words.
"The deadline's today."
Blank stares.
"Could we hand it in tomorrow?"
"You can. But I'll have to deduct 2 marks."
Eff. You. See. Kay.
"We thought the deadline's tomorrow coz you said it was due 'end of the week'."
"Well, you should have asked me earlier, or at least yesterday, to confirm. As a university student, it's your responsibility to..."
While he blah-ed away, Kar Yen and I mouthed our plan, which wasn't really one anyway. We had no choice. It was simple and it was a fact: do or die.
We rounded Wei Xian up, locked ourselves in 2 practice rooms, unplugged the piano heaters to charge our laptops and typed till our fingers bleed.
HA. We fucking finished our report seconds before choir class (Ganesh gave us the stage plot just in time too)! I was still late for class though. Had to find Adil to transfer the assignment from my flash drive.
For that week, choir became my favourite class.
9th June:
Midi 1
-Start working midterm project
Music Tech
Failure to carry out the recording of Thursday's student recital would result in fatal consequences.
*Reminder: Read up on heavy metal. Do NOT attempt to comprehend the music by listening to more than a song per day. I doubt deafness would be much of a help in this field of studies.
11th June:
*Bristling with pride*
I did my first ever recording! Along with my group, that is. Not to mention Group 8. And Group 7. And Group 6.
Anyway, it was a helluva trouble setting up, especially when everything was so new to us and everyone was so blur. The depressing part was with me not knowing the Audio Interface device itself had to be installed into my laptop, even if I downloaded the driver and the Audacity programme, so I had to record using Jia Wen's laptop :( Potong steamnya.
That little rectangular box with wires sticking out is the Roland UA-25 Audio Interface. Interesting device, that one.16th June:
Ass. Ass. And more asses. Either due on the coming Thursday, or the following one.
I need a life.
18th June:
Spent lunch break till minutes before the class rushing the second report for Music Tech. Adil decided to cancel class.
Someone please shoot me.
At least we had some, uh hem, fun while we were at work...
It was a miracle how we still had energy left to drop by Bangkok Jazz at 10pm. If it weren't for the lung-cancer-causing-cigarette smoke (and the flapping chicken wings entertainment, courtesy of the tambourine player/singer), I probably would have dozed off there and then.
Watch out for Treacherous Tuesdays, Tormentous Thursdays 2. Though it might mean more ranting.



No comments:
Post a Comment