Caught you there, didn't I?
Despite the sting of acknowledgement of my faltering English, my inward sly smile could not have been broader >:) Ah, the luscious sensation of tasting the words on the tip of my tongue again (not that I haven't been secretly reading all this while). There was one thing though...
"You should try and read a wider variety of books. Not just those fairy magic books you keep reading. Go read some classics. Good for improving your English."
Ugh. How distasteful. Twice I attempted Pride & Prejudice, both times I couldn't surpass the 5th chapter. Excerpts of classics were fine, like those we were acquiesced to read for the English class my mom sent me to during high school (LoL. I remember how my teacher used to stress she was not giving us English tuition, which follows shallow school crap, but English class using American syllabus. I find it kind of weird though, writing our essays/speeches/dramas in British English but studying Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream and the likes in American English. Pretty confusing sometimes, if you ask me).
I guess I don't have much choice, do I? Plus, she might not fund any of my new novels save classics *gasp* Nah. But still. So, erm, suggestions? I know classics-enthusiast Eu-know-who has a lot to contribute.
No comments:
Post a Comment