I could have said no. I should have said no. Except I did not.
I don't know what happened, at least not in crystal clarity.
One moment I was standing stunned in front of a cluster of piano rooms from the message of the cancellation of band practice, the next moment I found myself in a darkened room full of semi-strangers on the fourth floor.
I knew vaguely I was being led. Well, I agreed to follow, whether it was on my own volition or on my subconsciousness's desire, I could not tell.
But the next hour and a half was almost torture. My squirmy self-alienation spoke volumes of my prolonged absence from the particular will-remain-unnamed activity for the past couple of months. My ass had never felt itchier.
I wanted to leave and yet I did not want to look rude, walking out in the middle of a drama going on.
And there was something painfully holding me down. An intricate and complex and inexplicable feeling.
I thought I was through with this mess. Apparently I was not.
But the incident tonight made one thing clear.
I will not be drawn anymore.
*Pulls up a pair of scissors from the drawer*
See this little devil over here?
Snip goes the heartstrings of infatuation.
Snip goes the ropes anchoring my hot heart air balloon.
Snip goes every thread linked to you.
Yes, I honestly mean it this time.
P.S. If you're not Bonono or Eu-know-who, don't ask.
No comments:
Post a Comment