Like I’d mentioned a gazillion times before, planning isn’t my forte. So you’d probably imagine how freaked out I was about Joanne coming over to my place last night and the following day coz I had no agenda prepared, no roller coaster rides to take her on, no eye-popping experience to have her share with. But like always and as if on cue, spontaneity would swoop down and save me, just in time to stop the directionless train from plunging into the miserable lake of distasteful shopping trips.
And hell yeah, what better to officially launch our ‘vacation’ with a big meal at Kayu, the 5-star mamak, capping it off with the roti tisu I had been bragging to her about. Then we stayed up till 4am, slumped on the sofas, just flicking through channels, cursing at the TV for not showing good Hindu movies, settling on drooling at Jamie Oliver’s pretty face and the food his magic hands cooked, then, when we finally decided to go to bed, chatting in the dark about everything under the sun, I mean moon.
Today was a mind-boggling one. The promise we made to my dad about waking up at 7am for a hiking trip to Bukit Gasing simply dissolved with our dreams and we ended up eating a heavy breakfast at Section 17, a meal we later relabeled it as brunch. Mom laughed at dad for bringing an Ipoh girl to have Ipoh Hor Fun and Wat Gai (how disturbing it sounds in English ‘translation’).
Screw the crowd at IKEA cafeteria/food court. I wanted my damn meatballs. But it was not to be and so we left to fulfill my spur-of-the-moment ingenious plan: Petroscience. It was Joanne’s virgin trip there and my 8th (and counting).
Other than those strangle-worthy kids who were clearly not taught the worldly term ‘queue up’ and not civilized enough to know not to squeal ‘MY TURN MY TURN MY TURN’ into people’s ears, the time spent there was undoubtedly fun. Just the two of us, me the tour guide, she the explorer. We even made an effort to read all the science-y info regarding the toys we played and activities we did. Good to know they actually add new things from time to time to attract visitors, unlike a certain science centre I went to, one that ruined the image of this country’s capability to build a fun learning science centre.
Butterflies on our heads!
Praise the Virtual Pebbles of Petroscience!
The best slide ride I had in ages! Since, well, the last time I'd been there, with Eu Chern.
Skiing!
Squiggling paint onto the virtual canvas with my electronic crayon
Freaking blogspot banned me from uploading anymore photos coz I've exceeded the 1GB quota for photos. Like, what the heck. Maybe I'll FINALLY switch to tumblr. Help me, jizzer?


No comments:
Post a Comment