I had an awesome lunch today.
In the blessed and blissful company of my own self.
There was no taking into account another’s opinions, wants or needs; no desperate measure on my part to knead dough out of a conversation when all I felt like doing was watch the yeast rise in silence.
It was just me and my book.
Not so much because I had no one to join me, but more the fact that I wanted to spend the time alone; to bask in my solitary presence; to stride parallel to the peaceful state of my thoughts and mind.
Solitude is a luxury, you know.
It is the quintessence of human being; it is a gift with which we can use to discover ourselves, to find the x to the equations of our lives, to open the eyes of our hearts, and sometimes, to heal wounds.
Which explains why I had been making trips to the park behind my house a lot these days; to merely sit on the swing, swishing back and forth in a pace of my desire and mood, the fingers of wind running though my hair and feeling the tips of my lips curl up as I daydream about us to the soundtrack of our favourite songs drifting slightly unevenly from my cell with each oscillation.
And something about being outdoor and out in the open appeals to me; the juxtaposed sensation of being exposed under the skies yet being embraced in the arms of the teeming greenery at once.
I like my shoes off too, once I make sure there are no glass bits or any harmful residual left by egocentric worms (they are the few creatures that do NOT own a brain). As if I’m stepping out of the materialistic world of the crocs enveloping my feet onto the surface of nature, always so gentle, so comforting.
And I’m sure I’m not alone in this.
Oui, Les Sluts?

2 comments:
hell yeah i do that too. and more often nenenenebubu.
i eat lunch alone more, like a loser.
i play alone more, walk around alone more, be weird alone ,more.
you don't have to tell me the joys of it. hehe.
but glad that you've joined the club. it's about time.
now it's eu's turn.
Haha babe. I would have done that long ago if it weren't for my mom freaking out every time I tried walking to OU to have lunch alone. I do eat alone in college, almost everyday, just in the comfort of my hostel room. But it's definitely much more satisfying walking out and eating in a cafe alone. Am gonna do that again this Thursday, maybe walk a little further.
Post a Comment