Sunday, June 15, 2008

Confession

I must confess, I am BEGINNING to settle in, though I’m not even sure whether relief is what I’m experiencing right now. For people with a high concentration of curiosity, I’m referring to my social life. Or lack thereof, until now that is.

I know, this sounds so surreal coming from me, especially my last post with all the happy-together photos. But before any of you jump to the conclusion of me being depressed or emo, which I’m not for that matter, I LOVE and ENJOY my academic life very much. I mean, this is what I’ve always wanted: no brain-grinding sciences, no infuriating maths, no bore-out-of-my-mind history (at least Malaysian Studies only lasts for a semester unless I fail it), just music every single day and almost every single subject. So, I’m usually rather happy and bubbly in class, until morning classes end and there comes the 5- or 6-hour break before our masterclass or my piano classes, during which I spend most of the time alone after lunch.

Not that I’ve never tried mingling around, it’s just that...they are NOT you guys. I suppose my prejudice can be blamed. For the past couple of weeks, I kept hoping to find someone who shares my passion for English novels like Amanda; someone who exchanges gossips (be it celebrities or our other college mates) with me like, well, almost all of you; someone who converses in perfectly fluent English with splashes of bombastic words or sarcasm like Eu Chern; or someone totally outspoken and confident like Joanna, that I think I must have shut myself from appreciating my new friends' good personalities. Perhaps the words 'missing you sexy people' could explain it.

The weird thing was, about 2 weeks ago, after mulling over my situation during the weekend (I practically felt more or less isolated), I woke up one morning and, to quote Lucy's phrase 'turn over a new leaf', started to look at everyone in a different way. Well, not entirely. It's still tough sometimes, not to compare them to you guys, but I'm getting to it I suppose.

Now, I think it's safe to say that my social life improved, slightly, and my delusional feeling of isolation by others lessen somehow, that I'm not talked to all the time was merely because I'm quiet. How typical me.

Anyway, enough of my morbid/emo/depressing/disturbing post. Here, the handbell ensemble performance at my college that I've promised to show you people. Sorry about the poor quality, I found them on Youtube, might have been recorded with a handphone for all I know.

Colours of the Wind


Chinese Medley


Just in case you're wondering how the handbells look like and how they're played, thought this video might quench your curiosity.

No comments: