Sunday, June 8, 2008

Photos. What everyone loves most.

Took my sis' camera to UCSI to toy around for a week. Thought that photos would do a better job in showing you guys what I couldn't describe very well in words.

Monday (2/6):
My hostel room, which is my current home for these couple of months till I get kicked out of it next semester. I wonder whether did my description do any justice to how my room actually looks like.

My bed, which, as I mentioned earlier, is on the right side.

My side of the desk. And no, it doesn't look like this all the time, only for the first 10 minutes upon arrival and before I unload all of my stuff.

My roommate's, who hasn't showed up yet, side of the desk, which I conveniently use to chuck the electric table-fan, toaster/oven, half-boiled egg thingie and other things when my side is piled up

The cabinet, with mine on the right.

All the food that are to be my breakfasts, lunches or tea time snacks on top of the shoe cupboard

And for those who are curious about the piano practice rooms at my college (e.g. Shien Yin and Lucinda), here are some pics for you: The piano room (120 m)that I booked for practising during my freetime, though nighttime isn't counted since the rooms are mostly empty so you don't need to book any one of them.
One of the rooms with a grand piano in it

Tuesday (3/6):
Did a little cam-whoring myself out of boredom, due to the ample 7 hours between my Malaysian Music and my individual piano class.

Meet my new teddy bear that my aunt got for me. It hasn't got a name yet. So, suggestions? Sorry but no, Daa, not Temme again.

The length of my teddy is equal to the width of my bed. Oblong creature.

I quite like this pic

Aww...look! It was smiling too!

Its right hand a little short to go around my neck

Further proof of boredom. In case you didn't know, it was a dragon fruit.

Wednesday (4/6):
I was honestly awestruck by the handbell performance giving by the Woman's Choir Concert and Bell Ensemble who came all the way from Chicago. The handbells sounded nothing like how I imagined, which was the typically tinkling sound you would expect coming from a bell, but like the sound of chimes, magically soothing and indescribably melodious. I'll try to look up for videos to show it to you guys. Meanwhile, I'm introducing:

Jenny, the sweet girl who taught me a thing or 2 about the handbells she and her choir and bell ensemble play

Just before choir that day, the few of us who were in Phyllis' room went cam-crazy:

Me and Bi Ying, who plays the electric guitar and er hu (outside campus)

Me and Huay May

Phyllis, me and Bi Ying

Me, Eunice, Huay May and Bi Ying

Eunice, Bi Ying and me

Me with Bi Ying's electric guitar

Me and Wen Dee

Bi Ying, Eunice, Phyllis, me, Wen Dee and Huay May

All of us again

Thursday (5/6):
Went to University Malaya to play the traditional Malay Gamelan. Then, we went to have lunch at Wen Dee's mom's restaurant (Nihon Kai), which took us an hour to get there after losing our way and circling a certain area a couple of times, fruitlessly searching for the restaurant.

Me playing the Sarong Barong (please, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Bi Ying and me

Bi Ying, Phyllis, Ms Wong (our Malaysian Music lecturer), me and Song Lin



Us playing a short piece with the instruments with me on the Bonang


Me and Wen Dee

Eunice and me

Pik Ying, Jin Fem and me

Me, Jia Wen, Andrew and Ming

Emmanuel and his ghostly eyeballs

Me, Song Lin, Phyllis and Bi Ying

Huay May and me

My lunch: Mixed Fried set dinner

Macha (I'm not sure how it's spelt), the green tea ice-cream

Standing: Jia Wen, Rachel and Jin Fem
Kneeling: Kevin, Ming, Bi Ying, Huay May, Eunice, me, Phyllis, Song Lin and Pik Ying
Sitting: Andrew, Emmanuel, Hui Yin and Wen Dee

Friday (6/6):
Went out with grandparents for dinner.

Grandma, cousin and me

Grandma, me and sis

Some little girl wandered over to our table and plonked herself down beside my cousin

Saturday (7/6):
Another Ying Hui and Amanda Day, with the both of us went to watch 'What Happens In Vegas' starring Ashton Kutcher, who was hawt, and Cameron Diaz. Very comedy and entertaining. But that wasn't the highlight of the day, oh no, it was Amanda driving me to 1U and back home! In her car! She definately drove better than me, as in not too near to the left side of the curb or driving in the wrong lane. Oh well, I guess I gotta practice more.

Amanda and her La Mien
Me
Amanda at Starbucks
MeMe and Amanda

End of post.

1 comment:

sSeong said...

jz wanna drop by n correct ur spellings(sorry >.<)
is Saron Barong(w/o d g)
n Mocha(change a -> o)

well,happy blogging.
hope to c u more in coll.
^_^