Friday, December 19, 2008

Jogoya!

Had a wicked time in Starhill and Pavilion yesterday. It was started out with us having late lunch at 2pm in Jogoya, which had 50% off for the ladies, though it didn't make much difference in the end coz we brought along 4 guys to balance out our 4 girls =.="

The lucky ones: Kevin, Stephen, Max, David
The victims: Ying Hui, Wen Dee, Eunice, Jia Wen

I must say, the place was humongous and loaded with heaps of food, almost every nook and cranny of it. But I didn't really fancy the way the restaurant was mapped out. Too maze-like, made it rather hard for us to navigate around and hunt for food with ease. I was beginning to think that maybe they designed it that way to piss us 50%-opportunists off, but I caught myself when I remembered that the promotion was on for only a couple of days, so why the trouble?

FOOD (we starved ourselves the whole morning for this)!








HAAGEN-DAZS!
Cookies and Cream, my favourite =) Not sure about the one on the right. Vanilla and almond, perhaps?

I can only recall 2 out of the 4: Raspberry Sorbet and Green Tea. Happy matching them with the photo.

PEOPLE!
Stephen, Wen Dee and Max. Sheesh, the lighting spoilt it.

Cheers to you too, Jia Wen!

Damn the flash that made Eunice closed her eyes

No me

Me and Wen Dee

I think those were some alcoholic drink in their hands, not coca-cola or any other carbonated drinks

Kevin with his **** bucks camera

Max and Jia Wen

Me and Stephen

This fried needle mushroom thingy came after we settled the bill. No one remembered who ordered it, so we left it there untouched. Besides, everyone was too bloated up.

Cam-whored in the toilet

Wen Dee and Eunice, at the entrance

We wandered around for a while before stumbling upon these pretty lights. It was some sort of 'corridor' leading towards J.W. Marriott Hotel.

BLUE!!!

The toilet on its other side was real cool. There was this wheel thingy (it looks like the ones used for spinning thread) that we had to turn if we wanted water to wash our hands. Rather eco-friendly, don't you think?



Ignore my insanity

When we were busy cam-whoring in the Corridors of Pretty Lights, David somehow broke Jia Wen's specs. With a pillow. So, off we went to Pavilion to seach for an optic shop, though we planned to go there to shop (window shop for me) anyway.
Met up with Rachel and Ming in Pavilion and we begun our optic shop quest. Then, we headed to Forever 21 where, foreseen-ably, Wen Dee got herself new clothes. *Groans* I think the guys' mood went a little downhill from then onwards, coz they were just lounging around and staring into space while we mulled over dresses and skirts and blouses and shoes tiredlessly for hours. A total nightmare brought to life, as my bro puts it.

Dropped by Lavender for Ming to get some snacks (he didn't have much of a lunch). Kevin and Max bought doughnuts from J.Co. Seriously, guys really have a way abnormal level of metabolism. At least throughout their teens.

Wen Dee syok-sendiri

Yours truly

Stephen

We stayed till 8pm specially to watch Oscar performed with his choir. We are very supportive of our friends =) And guess who I met there? Sze Ying! She was in the choir too!

Red carpet! Apparently, the royal family of Terengganu blessed Starhill with their presence by dining there that night, at some Middle Eastern restaurant. I just caught a quick glimpse of them when I was on the escalator. I thought they looked shriveled and shrunk in that yellow-coloured royal chair of theirs.



To be honest, the 'tree' didn't look any better than it did during the day. It was hideously box-like and unskilfully decorated.

Eunice, Wen Dee and me

Ming and me

Me, Wen Dee and Rachel

P.S. Happy Birthday, Eunice!
P.P.S. Happy holidays, everyone! See you guys next semester!

No comments: