Dinner was fab, including the food. Ordered myself a smoked salmon sandwich with a croissant bread and we bitched about Bono, Divine and
Dropped by the cold storage, Kinokuniya, Esprit, and some other way-above-our-range shops before speeding back to the hall coz I thought we were going to be late and be denied our entrance. Well, it WAS 8.25pm and we were supposed to be seated by 8.15pm. But typically, there was a considerably big crowd still lingering in the lobby and just outside the mahogany double doors, though I wasn't quite sure what were they waiting for. Of course, 99.9% of the said crowd was made up of locals, with most of them Chinese, including the 3 of us.
Anyway, let's just skip that embarrassing fact and go straight to the concert itself. As I stated above, it was exceptionally spellbinding. The music from all 3 movies was so grand and majestic and beautifully arranged. Not to mention,
There was a short 20-minute intermission after the songs from the first movie. We took the time to cam-whore a little, despite the presence of crackheads. Nah, they were just smokers who didn't mind having their life shortened by contracting lung diseases.
The concert ended around 11pm, with a red cloaked man announcing 5 lucky draw winners in the voice of Smeagol, the Gollum from the said movies. We thought he was in the wrong movie, a Death Eater from Harry Potter misplaced in Lord of the Rings. But whatever. We received door gifts too! Vouchers for New Zealand Natural Ice-Cream! Weeee....
As soon as we freed ourselves from the growing crowd in the lobby, we rushed to the LRT ticket booth/machine, hoping we could get a ride home without my parents going all the way to KL. But, for some ridiculously-idiotic-reason-that-we-may-never-find-out, the effing paper money inserter was missing. From every single effing machine. And we didn't have enough coins to cover the amount for 3 tickets. @#$%*^#*
So, we literally ran all the way back into the mall and headed straight for the first shop we saw that was still opened at that hour. KFC. Sadly, they closed all of their counters save one, where Jo changed for how much coins they had left. Then, we decided to go back to MPO to try our luck and guess what? We bumped into Jia Wen on her way down from an escalator! She offered to let 1 of us have her Touch n Go card but I didn't take it. I mean, she needed it more than me coz she lives rather far and the thought of her winding down her window to pay for the toal during the night wasn't a comfortable one. Besides, if worst comes to worst, my parents could still fetch us.
We found the rest near the entrance (Ming, Kevin and Andrew. I don't recall seeing Rachel.) and, thank God, Ming had some coins with him so Eu Chern borrowed them. Which left me without any. But before I knew it, I was whisked away to the station again coz the 2 of them said they had spare ones that might be sufficient to cover my ticket -__-"
We were gobsmacked and speechless when we got there. The EFFING paper money inserter was BACK IN PLACE! ALL of them! WTF! So we stood there and stared at the machines for a couple of seconds before Eu Chern snapped us out of it and we bought the tickets while we shrieked euphorically. Then we waved the tickets in the air kept screeching, "We've got the tickets! We've got the bloody tickets! Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!" as we raced down the escalator like maniacs. But we were still a little early for the next train so we cam-whored a bit to pass time.
But I must say, since we reached home in one piece and without any trouble along the way (during the ride back, I mean), I was glad that paper money inserter was down. It did make the night more memorable, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment