"How's your ear?" Monk asked.
Grey shook his head, angry.
Monk came forward anyway. He reached, not particularly gently, and inspected the damage on his ear. "Just a skin lac Hold still." He dabbed the wound, then sprayed it from a tiny bottle.
It stung like a son of a bitch.
"Liquid bandage," Monk explained. "It dries in seconds. Even faster if I blow on it. But I don't want to get you too excited."
**********************************************************
Rolling across the floor, she reached Vigor. The monsignor crouched near the top of the fire pit tunnel. She handed him her gun. "Down," she ordered. "Shoot anybody that comes into view."
"What about you?"
"No, don't shoot me."
"I mean where are you going?"
"Hunting."
Map of Bones, James Rollins
Witticism. What I love best in a book :)
2 comments:
Try Count of Monte Cristo
I'd wanna give Lolita a go too... but its kinda twisted, in a way.
the second one was really funny !!
Post a Comment