Sunday, August 15, 2010

Now I'm heels over head, I'm hanging upside down



Throughout this entire semester, life had served me the appetizer of exciting beginnings and expected anticipation, the main course of adrenaline-pumping adventures and emotional roller coaster rides and the dessert of caramel sweet endings.

What more, I am soaked from the heavy rainfall of blessings. It was like chancing upon a meteor shower every evening, bathing in its incandescent celestial beauty night after night even if I had probably known I didn’t deserve it. But I appreciated them, whole-heartedly grateful for the little glowing globules of all the wonderful things that I have and had experienced since May.

I had tasted sugar, spice and everything nice, as well as bitter, sour and all those horror. I had fallen in love, with new awesome people I had met along the journey, though it didn’t mean I love my Sluts less. I had stride down paths not trodden, at least unconventional in the norm of the people in the field I’m pursuing. I had stretched the confines of the elastic bubble that was my comfort zone. I had baked my time into a pie and handed out the slices to people who mattered to me, sprinkled with flakes of love. And I had learned to see the extraordinariness in the ordinary.

To sum it up, it had been an amazing voyage, this ‘summer’ term; all because I mustered enough courage to say hello, to the unknown and the faceless fear of attempting something new.

What makes me smile:
1. Amanda spending her summer break back in Malaysia
2. Turned 20 with little fanfare, though I couldn’t imagine a party more perfect and wouldn’t exchange it for the world.
3. BRATs camp. Need no elaboration.
4. Obtained a PR status in Amanda’s house after countless impromptu sleepover at her place, with or without a change of clothes and toothbrush.
5. Travelled to Melacca for a weekend with Amanda, her brother and Shien Yin
6. Caught a hell lot of movies in the cinema, planned or not.
7. Covered a huge event with a bunch of annoying teenagers.
8. Worked as a promoter at a Japanese festival for a day.
9. Hung out with my ex-band mates.
10. Got a chance to star shoot a short video clip with my BRATs mates for Astro’s MyStory campaign for the National Day.
11. Had articles published in the newspapers and online, individually and under BRATs.
12. On academic basis, I pushed myself hard for piano, thanks to my lecturer, learnt more than I ever thought I would about Classical music and composed a song (I found out I’m a master in composing monotonous, irritating ‘stuck-in-the-head’ melodies).
13. Everyday miracles.

When I’ve collected enough smiles in my piggybank, I’ll cash them in for another beautiful summer.



No comments: