For that, I feel blessed. Not giddy-happy, not top-of-the-world elated. Just warmly contented; the way a cat purrs when cuddled and caressed; the way you would sigh when you caught a perfect sunset.
Because I had been granted more than I had wished for, had exceeded the best of my hopes, had wiped away the worst of the expectations that I had steered myself to face and the failure I had prepared my parents to acknowledge.
Because I had worked my ass off for it, so much that I had practically gave up my social life in college for the past semester.
Because my success is not all me; external motivations and the colourful achievements of others could be strong and demanding forces.
Because I had beautiful people in my life; family, Les Sluts, college mates whom I had wrongly cast aside for months and awesome lecturers.
You made me want to quote One Republic, “This had gotta be a good life….Please tell me what there is to complain about.”
Peace.
Speaking of One Republic, I'm falling in love with them, all over again (:
And do check out All This Time by them too.
And do check out All This Time by them too.
No comments:
Post a Comment