Sunday, March 21, 2010

Everybody Needs a Song

Call us paranoid, but Eu Chern and I would bet on anything that the radio station or the album being played was conspiring against us. I swear, the whole hour and a half we were in Manhattan Fish Market, every single bloody song blared was like a dart aimed solely at us, in the uncannily coordinated way a swarm of hornets would attack an intruder for disrupting their hive. And God forbid they should score bull’s eye unfailingly time after time.

Ugh. All we did is seeking console from each other on our condemned love lives (nosy people will be entertained privately). But apparently, the walls had ears. And after Jay-Z’s Empire State of Mind faded off, so began the merciless string of songs that scorned our wrecked situations. It only took the devil-at-work 3 songs to reel us away from feeling sorry for ourselves and start shielding against the pelting of mockery.

Hell, we even analyzed the lyrics to decipher the hidden message delivered to us.

*Note: Song list is not in chronological order.

Single Ladies, Beyonce
‘All the single ladies
Now put your hands up’

What we decoded: Trying to tell us to rejoice in being single?

I Gotta Feelin’, Black Eyed Peas
‘I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good, good night’

What we decoded: It was just there to taunt us. We mentally showed the invisible speakers our middle fingers and plead it to shut the eff up.

Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus
‘And the Jay-Z was on’

What we decoded: Obviously. Unless it was a cover version of Empire State of Mind that was being played just now, which I doubt it.

‘And now I’m gonna be okay’

What we decoded: Speak for yourself.

Just Dance, Lady Gaga
‘Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm’

What we decoded: It wanted us to dance to our favourite song to relief our depression. Either that or it simply thought it was a suitable song to accompany Eu Chern’s ramblings about his Law Ball.

Waking up in Vegas, Katy Perry
‘You gotta help me out
It’s all a blur last night’

What we decoded: Probably referring to my bizarre unrealistic situation for the past 24 hours.

Face Drop, Sean Kingston
‘You touch my heart, disappear
I never knew how much it hurt here’

What we decoded: Well, you go figure yourself.

Please Don’t Leave Me, Pink
‘Please don’t leave me
Please don’t leave me’

What we decoded: It was trying way too hard. Puh-lease, did we look desperate?

Down, Jay Sean
‘Tonight is the night to let it go
Put on a show
I wanna see how you lose control’

What we decoded: Yes, we got the hint to ‘let go’.

Love Drunk, Boys Like Girls
‘I used to be love drunk, but now I’m hung over
I love you forever, forever is over’

What we decoded: Self-defined.

Smile, Uncle Kracker
‘You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile’

What we decoded: It was haunting us with memories. Change the ‘make’ to ‘made’. There, that’s more like it.

I Hate This Part, Pussycat Dolls
‘I know this is the part
Where the end starts
I hate this part right here’

What we decoded: Congratulations. You drove home your point.

The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, The Script
‘I’m not broke, I’m just a broken hearted man’

What we decoded: Whoa, Eu Chern. It WAS damn good.

‘Thinking maybe you’ll come back here to the place that we’d meet
And you’d see me waiting for you on the corner of the street’

What we decoded: Nice try. I doubt I would do that. Like I mentioned, I'm not desperate.

Stop and Stare, One Republic
‘Stop and stare
I think I’m moving but I go nowhere
Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
But I’ve become what I can’t be, oh’

What we decoded: It was scoffing at our struggle in moving on.

She Wolf, Shakira
‘S.O.S. she’s in disguise
There’s a she wolf in disguise’

What we decoded: Aha.

Fireflies, Owl City
‘Cause everything is never as it seems’

What we decoded: It needed no further deciphering.

Pity the other customers. They probably hadn’t seen a pair of people shrieking and laughing so hard in the manner of which appeared to be on the verge of lunacy. I salute them for tolerating us for the excruciatingly long span of time.

**********************************************************
To un-depress myself, I did a heck of a shopping. Exhilarating. Bought 3 shirts from the Brand’s Outlet Shop. 2 for me, 1 for sis, so that I could ask for favours in the future. Nah just joking. It was because the shirt was pink and she’s obsessed with pink. And because she’s my sis =]  

Wheeeeee so adorable! And it's BLUE!

Cupcakes!

For sis

Oh. My sudden shopping spree didn't end there. Both of us got ourselves a 'leather-bound' book each! And one was only RM19.90! 


Wrapped up the day with Cupcake Chic. 

Perfecto.

No comments: