When the tough gets going,
when the going gets tough,
I still have Jia Wen, Audrey, Carmen, Eunice and Rachel =]
Today's lunch was like discovering a hidden pocket of air in a cave submerged in murky waters, in which we are drowning. It was exactly what I needed. Heck, it was what ALL of us needed. Desperately. To say the past few weeks have been maniacal would be an understatement. Let me put it this way. If every single band practice is marked to its time slot by a thread, then we would be hopping around on one leg to avoid tripping over the multi-crisscrossing of woolly strings that map out our daily schedules. I'm sleep-deprived, more than a little insomniac, on the verge of schizophrenia and physically worn out. I'm in no position to complain though. My only worries are not failing my own band from MBE and handling the trio I'd put together for my Jury. Audrey and Carmen have to juggle sometimes up to 3 or 4 practices a day, half of them are not theirs but bands they are playing for as guests. I salute them.
Anyway, we didn't travel far, just a couple of minutes' walk down the row of shops to Tai Zhi, but God, it felt damn good to escape the confinements of campus for a while. I suspect I'm developing a form of claustrophobia towards the tiny area that is the first floor of Block C, where we are boxed in around the clock. Honest.
Sigh. 1 and a half more week. 10 days. 240 hours.
I'm counting.
No comments:
Post a Comment