Sunday, January 16, 2011

A midnight bottle, gonna ease my pain


Meet Blob; my new fluffy addition to the growing brood on my bed.

I told Eu Chern I bought it coz I was too obsessed with the puppy I got him. Well, I lied. Partially, at least. 

I kept it because it reminded me of my grandma; because it was something she would have loved, seeing how she was as inanely infatuated with soft toys as I am; because it was a perfect little picture of what I would miss a lot, and celebrate, about her. 

I want it also because, above anything else, it proved that no matter how bizarre things would get, no matter how off-axis the world would spin, no matter how monochromatic your palette suddenly seems, there would always be something that keep you centralized and grounded, a familiar symbolic figure that reminds you of beautiful gone days and makes you smile. 

(:

I swear I'll love you right, little dog. 

No comments: