Tuesday, November 3, 2009

On the second day of November

Felt like a zombie when I woke up this morning. Thigh muscles were still burning, shoulder blades were stiff, arms were weak and aching, head was fuzzy and eyes were laden and drooping all the time.

Thank God we (me, Jia Wen, Audrey, Carmen, Seong Seong) agreed on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and not some action or Chinese/Cantonese movie. Am too lazy to write a review on it. Just go watch it. If it doesn't make you laugh or swoon or drool, you need a life.

Strolled around blindly in an attempt to help Seong Seong shop for a watch. Lunched at a secluded cafe in Jusco. Hmmm. I don't quite remember paying for my food though...

Anyway, rushed back for Pei Saan's graduation recital at 2.30pm. Turned out to be 3pm. Blah.

Slept through the concert.

Stayed on for another 2 more recitals: Angela Ong's and Sean's. Why yes, I actually stuck 2 sticks between my eyelids to keep myself from falling asleep, how did you know? Nah. They weren't all that bad. In fact, I was enthralled by one and shaken awake by the other. If only they switched the time slots. Ending a line-up of graduation recitals with a metal-infested one was not entirely healthy. Especially with one whose performer was a crazed fan of Metallica and Children of Bodom.

But for all that residue ringing in my ears, nothing made me more relief than forcing my recital attendance form down the throat of that damn submission box. Cheers.

On a random note, I just finished a whole documentary on Parallel Universes. Enlightening. And it touched on my favourite Quantum Physics, though on the physics side, not the psychological one. Don't ask me why I suddenly got interested in this. Probably because of His Dark Materials. Good stuff, that book. Loads of subtle scientific and non-scientific concepts. Jo, I think you might want to check these out. String Theory isn't the ultimate solution, M-Theory is.












P.S. I'm still riding high on the waves of adrenaline from Saturday night.

No comments: