Sunday, November 22, 2009

Report 211109 (Extractions)

So someone had his first Subway sandwich today. HAHA. But seriously, it was kind of depressing. Living in KL for almost 2 years and hadn’t had a Subway before.

Took us about 15 minutes to hunt for that dumb store, even scouted the junkie-filled Lower Ground floor, only to find it outside next to Starbucks.

“Oh. So you knew Subway was here all along but you still took me around the shopping mall to look for it huh.”

Incredulous.

Since I could only gap like an epilepsy-stricken goldfish, I just head straight for the shop. I must say, I was kind of disgusted with the place. Open-air, smothering heat, infiltrated with cigarette smoke, tables and seats clumped together 3 feet from the booth and litter-scattered floor. Ugh. What to do. I’m still on a strike against Secret Recipe’s food, not cakes and pastries, mind you. The indoor mamak and a Chinese coffee house didn’t seem too appealing. Starbucks’ menu contained mainly of caffeinated liquid varieties which would not do for a meal. And another serving of A&W would probably be the death of me.

So, despite the disagreeable condition, there was probably no better choice. The food would make up for that.

The whole lunch was a blur of conversation on random topics. A good thing, considering I was struggling with my dripping and sliding Honey Oatmeal 6-inch sandwich. Not a pretty sight. Gah. Reminder to myself: start training on how to eat various forms of sandwiches, especially oblong ones, in a ladylike manner.

Then, we left for my land of books. I hunted for my sci-fi, as well as novels I promised to watch out for, like Jia Wen’s shopaholic series, Audrey’s Michelle Piper and my sis’ Nicholas Sparks, while Darren scanned for his horror books brimmed with revolting human torture.

So, yeah, basically, it was just an hour plus of books, books and more books. Me loves. Too bad they had neither Shopaholic and Baby, nor any Nicholas Sparks’ novels. And my ‘The Lost Symbol’. Guess I’d have to be patient.

We left the book heaven and sauntered around for a little while more before heading for the LRT station. And unsurprisingly, I had trouble crossing the roads (a disorder Eu Chern would gladly point out), so he had to push me on the back when it was safe to and there was no risk of us getting squashed by a car.

Reached home just in time for teacher Max to pick me up to the charity concert we would be playing at. First exhausting day since Jury. Ha.





Blah. The photo he said he looks cool in =.="

No comments: