I remember when we were on our way to catch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Jia Wen asked about the smells we liked. I couldn't think of anything then. So I guess I owe you this too, gal.
I love the smell of books. New, ancient, crisp white, dusty, paperback, hardcover, leather-bound, whatever, the scent is simply intoxicating. And if words have a smell, I would love that too.
I love the smell of after-rain, when the world is sprinkled with crystal droplets of a light drizzle or bathed in sheets of the pearly white of a storm.
I love the smell of early mornings, the fresh earthly scent made cool by a blanket of dew.
I love the smell of steaming coffee, even more so as it thickens to a paler shade of brown when you stir in the milk and cream. Ooh la la. Screw the caffeine. I enjoy getting drugged, so what?
I love the smell of baked food. Bread, cakes, cupcakes (me loves most), muffins, cookies and every other sinful dough-y indulgences, my nose succumbs to them.
I love the smell of melted chocolate, the simmering, molten, velvety flow of chocolate that is usually used for topping cakes or cupcakes, or, Praise All Things Beautiful, turned into a fountain of ecstasy. God forbid that someone should find a cure for my obsession over chocolate fondues.
No comments:
Post a Comment