Sunday, December 6, 2009

CariBilik

To rent or not to rent: an undeniably common dilemma that plagues college freshmen, especially those pursuing their studies in another state. All the tedious work of picking the right place, not to mention the brimming anxiety about the safety of your new home, could very well muffle the bubbling excitement of embarking your new journey of college life.

Being a college student myself, I must say, I, too, was barred by this unavoidable hurdle before the commencement of my Foundation year, a problem that required detailed research and much fretting over.

Thus, I think that it would be selfish of me if I were to not share this website with you room-hunting college peers, as well as our working counterparts: CariBilik, room for rent. Scrawled across the left corner of its homepage, CariBilik welcomes its visitors with a straightforward message, stating clearly its purpose of helping its customers finding a room or allowing landlords to advertise their rooms to let, which I appreciate, as would anyone dropping by.

The layout, though simple, hits me as refreshing, as complex templates and designs would distract or dissuade the reader. However, a little embellishment and a cheerful character or two on the sides would not harm. Like the plan of the website, the display of information is clean cut, with the locations being listed alphabetically and a click on the mouse would bring up crisp descriptions on the rooms, inclusive of the condition, pricing, contact number, preference (if any) and other details.

On a down note, I feel that CariBilik could further improve by setting up more categories to aid the search for its clients, such as college areas or the range of the rents. And in relation to that, the addition of photos could certainly prompt a person’s decision, be it good or bad, saving an early, and maybe unnecessary, survey of the place.   
    
Well then, Happy Hunting!

No comments: