It had been a hell of a Chinese New Year, in both ways.
Weather had been preposterously hot. Like ME! a furnace.
And if there were a breeze, it would sting like a sporadic blast from a cuckoo hair-dryer, full in your face.
.
Elements going wild aside, the week had been smooth-sailing, like a laid-back, relaxing ride on a magic flying carpet. No claustrophobic amassing of relatives, thank God.
Of course, there was the couple of hours of spring cleaning. God forbid it should be my room at home. No. It was my hostel room. Joanne wiped the table tops and cupboards, I hand-mopped the floor
And the only constant hindrance was the screechy-microtone-filled-and-disgust-inducing festive songs. Might as well stuck thorns in my ears.
Speaking of songs, I find Leona Lewis' new single 'I Got You' highly addictive. Though I was rather disturbed by her mumbling of lyrics during the choruses. Reminded me of Jay Chou, not bearing in mind her powerful vocal range, charisma and beauty, of course.





No comments:
Post a Comment