The price of having to commute in a dress and killer heels (not that I was wearing stilettos but anything more than half an inch in height unnerves me) was worth paying.
What I loved about the concert were:
The crystal-like tinkling of chimes and bells.
The velvety-smooth lines of the strings section.
The light, springy feeling the pizzicato parts bring.
The gentle strumming of harps.
And the usage of various styles of playing to narrate the story (or in this case, the arrival of guests at Princess Aurora’s wedding)
The whole performance, at least the Sleeping Beauty Act 3, was so soothing and laid back. It was like sitting on a setting sun-soaked beach with your toes in the sand, the waves lapping around you, rocking you back and forth mildly. An exact opposite effect compared to my last concert here (Igudesman and Joo).
And guess who I bumped into? Johan and Liang! And some other classical seniors. They were probably puzzled at the presence of a Contemporary student in a very much classical concert
I'm blaming the caffeine and sugar
What intermissions should be utilized for:
Jing Hua, Eu Chern and I were enraptured by the beautiful sounds, Joanna was dazzled by the wall of glass cylinders.
Dolled up
P.S. I still can't believe we were actually late for the first third of the concert.
P.S. If only that hot blond's dad wasn't there...














No comments:
Post a Comment