Sunday, April 4, 2010

a Concoction of Notes

Yet again, I'm astounded beyond words.

I'm amazed at the luminosity of the end product of my ingenuity.

You have to excuse my vanity. But judging on the fact that I'd just spent 8 freaking hours of my LIFE scraping the rust off my brains in a deadline-motivated effort to compose a 3-minute song to pass as my final project for Song Writing and bearing in mind that I slaved till 4am this morning, don't you supposed I have the right to boast just for this one time?

What stunned me most was my assortment of instruments, including flute playing the main melody, strings as pads, piano to sound the riff, and bass guitar and cabasa in the rhythm section. And the piece is 3 minutes and 42 seconds. Oh. Did I mention that I created some polyrhythmic mumbo-jumbo jargon for the outtro? And I didn't even notice it till I exported the shit as an audio file and listened to it. It was as if I was sleep-walking while I wrote the song or something. I applaud myself.

WAALAABEEELOOOWHEEEEMUAAABAGAAAA (and some more tongue noises that could not be expressed in letters).

*Trusts hands into the air and cackles uncontrollably like a hyena*

My sanity and mental health is touching the belly of the red zone. So what. I'm done with Song Writing 1!

TEEHEE.

No comments: