Thursday, April 8, 2010

Slow Me Down


See this THING I’m carrying on my back like a tortoise shell? It’s Wai Kit’s keyboard. Which I had borrowed for band practices at 6 Strings. Which, though was not too shit heavy, had straps that cut into your shoulders. Which I had to lug to and fro consecutive practices, 2 located on the crown and the other 2 at the foot of the goddamned hill.

It all begun at 12.45pm, when I had to haul the keyboard from its refuge shelter of my hostel room, onto my frail back and lumber towards the studio. Why didn’t I sit on it like a sledge and sleighed down the slope instead, I had no idea.

1pm. Quarter inches, adapters and cables were scattered all over the place, ready for set-up. 1.15pm. Still no guests. Tons of frantic phone calls and last minute scheduling later, we re-booked for another time slot, apologized, packed up and proceeded to stone in Old Town, where we self-syok with plans for feastings, trips and a party to treat the guests.

2.45pm. Started the climb back up to Block C. 3pm. Practice for Circle of Life and Discord in Jam Room 1. We were half-cooked by the time we left for 6 Strings again at 4pm. I swear, I was sweating profusely and my face had that lobster-red hue. I must have stunk like hell.

4pm. Said hello to the studio manager once more. Spent 30 minutes on Discord and the other half for Ponteio, though ended up being left with 10 minutes for the latter song due to a certain senior guest’s punctuality, a fact that would no doubt haunt us during our finals.

5.10pm. Our guests for the 5pm practice were starting to breath down our necks. Thank God for David Lu driving past us that exact moment we were about to collapse, what with the dumb keyboard and all, and giving us a lift. But I guess the hiking helped in building my much needed stamina for Man in the Mirror.

6pm. The accursed choir rehearsal. Vincent wasn’t having PMS like on Tuesday, God forbid that he should have had. 7-7.30pm. Retreated to the hostel to have a bath to revive myself to cope a little while longer. 8-8.45pm. Cover your ears, everyone!

9pm. End of hell. Hallelujah. 




P.S. Arghhhh! MBE finals tomorrow! *Panic attack*

No comments: