Thursday, August 28, 2008

Of impromptu ventures

Ah, the thrill of spontaneous outings. Out of my 14 days of semester break, I've so far spent 3 days going on absolutely random, spur-of-the-moment dual (except for once) soirees to catch movies with my self-proclaimed-angelic twin, Amanda. Of course, these couldn't be done without the ability to drive AND the possession of a car. I mean Amanda, not me.

Anyway, as mentioned in my twin's post, the 2 of us went to 1U, the most convenient location, and watched 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' last Wednesday (20/8), which was a good laugh. Russell Brand was disgustingly sick in the movie and so were his songs, though I must say they were rather addictive. And thanks to Amanda kept singing his 'Inside of You' throughout our latest outing, the song is now imprinted onto my brains, with its partially sick lyrics.

Infant Sorrow (his band, in the movie)- Inside of You


It's addictive, I tell you

Saturday's (23/8) spontaneous outing didn't involve a movie, however, but it involved a certain person called Shien Yin, our 3rd Accomplice of Evil Doings. We had a long long long lunch at Seoul Garden, where Shien Yin performed a seemingly impossible task of non-stop eating. Then, coz Shien Yin wanted to finish up her assignment, we decided to follow her home instead of catching a movie, and ended up playing Pictionary (a board game) for the rest of the day.


Me and Shien Yin

Amanda and my sis (yeah, she invited herself)

And our latest outing on Tuesday (26/8) was all about movies again. This time it was 'Penelope', which I felt a little bad for watching coz Amanda watched it 4 times already. But I understood why. James McAvoy was hawt in there! I loved the way his hair fell over his eyes, making him looked almost boyish and slightly rugged. Much preferable than how he looked in 'Atonement' and 'The Chronicles of Narnia', where he was more or less unrecognisable acting as the Faun (I haven't watched his other movies yet).

Well, that's all for now. Time to get back to 'The High Lord'. Heehee. Akkarin Akkarin Akkarin...

No comments: