Jia Wen was right. The song choices for this semester's MBE concert were definitely an improvement, minus that one particular song. Then again, it depended on what kind of songs the bands were covering and putting up for the 4 assessments.
The fate of the concert and of the audience's ears lie in our hands, so to speak.
Spent the whole concert serving as a bench-warmer. Was placed to help out in the controls room, but ended up lurking at the back of the hall and out of the way as a stand-by pair of hands, merely looking in from the sides, coz they had a full supply of assistance. Pfft. At least I got to watch the concert in peace.
Oh! The coolest thing was, the amplifiers blew up. Or the speakers, whichever. It was like upholding some sort of tradition. Some unwritten customary practice of the Contemporary Music students of blasting an unfortunate equipment by the end of the concert. 99.99% likely due to the hard rock/metal song of the night.
Anyway, my band wasn't picked this time (we would be mad to expect so) but all the same, thought that I should talk a little about them. Or drop my thanks here.
Band 9
Hooi Ching: Thank you for being the jack-of-all-trades of Band 9 this semester just as Penny was for my band during the last. You were one heck of a multi-talented handyman: a keyboardist, a vocalist, a drummer, a bassist and not to mention all the paper work you'd covered on our behalf. Oh. And thank you for teaching me the preparation of a song submission form when I was forced to submit one for 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' (: My future band leader would probably suffer a coronary attack if you hadn't coz I would only be gawking uselessly at the raw version of the song submission paper.
Irene Sow: Thank you for fishing me out when I was waist-deep in one of my many procrastination-inflicted crisis. You always seemed to be the one tying up the loose ends, like contacting our guests, sorting out the chords, and even taking on another instrument when needed. And it was never in the least bit hard working with you (:
Jia Wai: Thank you for helping me learn, coz through teaching you, I was also teaching myself. I'm not saying you were bad, but because of you, I could see the mistakes I must have made last semester when I just entered Degree and joined MBE for the first time (e.g. taking a loooooong time to set up). I could see you were kind of freaked out at first but I'm sure you'd learned a lot along the way and would be learning more in the semesters to come, from both seniors and juniors, as you guide them.
Top most: Kevin
Middle row: Mr. Juan Pablo, Emmanuel (aka Emma), Huay May, Eunice, Wen Dee, Carmen, me, Rachel
Squatting: Jia Wen, Andrew (aka Chicken Wah), Audrey
Here's a toast to our 5th semester together (save Audrey and Carmen)!
And Happy Holidays, peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment