3 days of joy and celebration. 3 days of merry-making and toasting. 3 days of watching the canvas unfurled before my eyes as every family member, as well as the other attendees of the wedding dinners, stepped up and painted the occasion from a palette of emotions.
The pride of the parents of having raised their child well.
Their happiness for their child upon finding love.
Their anxiety on how their child's journey would be.
The cheers and friendship-toasts and wishes from friends.
And hidden beneath the folds of the lighter ardor, was the tinge of sadness or regret for the absence of loved ones who were no longer around to share the joy.
It was kind of like sunset, the colour in the skies became richer and more intense as the night slithered in. By the end of the lunch on Sunday, the wedding mural would have blinded any painter.
2nd October '09


Both cakes were baked and self-decorated by the groom's sister.

The middle one's the bride-to-be

The older aunt, aka Cook (try saying
Gu Gu non-stop and in a very fast manner)

Obsession of the night: my aunts' precious
Nicci horse stuff toy




3rd October '09
Blah. I hate putting on make-up. Such a fuss and a waste of time. No one was going to look at me anyway. All eyes on the newly weds.

A.Ha.

I like my sis' dress. Yes. I have a thing for 2-layered non-satin dresses, preferably the gauzy material as the top layer .

Since
someone conveniently had a memory shortage and left my red dress at home (I followed the troupe straight to
Tampin after the ceremony in the morning), I was stuck with my bridesmaid dress all night. Not that I was complaining too much. I was just thankful I hung it up in the cupboard for safekeeping instead of stowing it away with the other dirty clothes (those we brought to change into while resting before the dinner).

Cupcake!
Hmm...it kept slipping of my chopsticks. I'll use my hands.

"Wait!"
"What did you say?"
"I'm a desert, not an appetizer, you idiot. You're supposed to eat me last or you'll lose your appetite!" squeaked the sugary indulgence.
"Don't bullshit me."
And I bit into it. Heaven.

All American Rejects is coming next week!
4th October '09


Bro and I did a duet on Ave Maria for my now-uncle and aunt to march in.

Dress looks familiar? Hell yeah it's my prom dress! I can't find any of the photos though. Might have to scan in those I've developed.

Oh God I'm short.
I may put up more photos on Muka Buku though I don't see why you would be interested in viewing them. Plus, most would be of my aunt and her friends that I helped take so she could tag them on the photos.
Meanwhile, Happy
Mooncake Festival, people! Especially to the 2
sexies in Wisconsin and Durham!

No comments:
Post a Comment