Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the Bewitchment of the Webcam

For some inexplicable reason,

I miss the teeny house of my grandparents, where I spent the first quarter of my life in.

I miss the over-sized mosquito-swarmed kitchen, the old-fashioned toilets, even the cracks and creases on its ancient walls.

I miss my shrunken lumpy bolster.

I miss feeling bloated all the time, having my grandma feeding me like stuffing Christmas turkeys, thinking I have a bottomless stomach just because I’m still young.

I miss seeing myself in my grandma in the way she goes all contradictory, like how she would nag me on the evil doings of seafood while scooping prawns and crabs ceaselessly into my bowl.

I miss watching little spurts of argument between my grandparents, like how due to her slight deafness, my grandma would lose half the sentence my grandpa said and give a random answer, and my grandpa would get all annoyed and correct her. Then, unintentionally (or intentionally, I can never guess) stubborn, she would continue talking on the ripped off sentence she heard.

I miss how every time they have their daily dosage of Hokkien drama series, my grandma would exclaim incredulously and direct passionately at the characters on the screen, and my grandpa would shush her.

I miss being over-pampered by grandma.

I miss having grandma’s voice as the soundtrack of my holidays.

I miss listening to their stories about how vivacious I used to be.

I just miss staying over at their place.

So I simply invited myself over as soon as I woke up this morning (yes, 11am is considered morning).


Drowned myself in the Golden Compass for a couple of hours before deciding to make my way into the virtual world. And stumbling upon...the WEBCAM.



Warning: self-absorbed cam-whoring ahead

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hmm...what the hell IS this?

Took me a couple of blank moments before figuring out there was an easy way to take photos. And I finally found the shortcut to the application without having to sift through the icons using the search engine. Aha. Ha.

Right

Can't let the music stop
Can't let this feeling end

Had durian for supper (:
Jealous, Ying?




It's mine!

Don't blame me if you're puking all over yourself. I've warned you.












You're my rain in the summer heat (:

No comments: