Her movement was too slow for my liking.
My feet were twitching impatiently as I watched the pile of yellow recital forms dwindled and her calling out the names one by freaking one. I wonder if the Mann in her name has any relation to speed in Chinese.
But all of a sudden, “Tham Ying Hui! Who’s Tham Ying Hui?”
“Here! I’m Ying Hui!”
She kept on hollering my name. I shouted HERE again, slightly sharper than I intended. And she spun around.
“Oh there you are! Sorry, I can’t seem to remember how you look like!” I was THAT close to raising my brows in incredulity.
Hmmm. She was smiling radiantly. Weird. I should definitely have my lenses checked soon. The high power must have blurred my eyesight till I mistook her pursed lips as a smile. Though should the sight be true, there could only be 2 reasons: she was getting married or she had fatally injured a Contemporary student. I think the latter scenario would be more convincing.
Hmmm. She was smiling radiantly. Weird. I should definitely have my lenses checked soon. The high power must have blurred my eyesight till I mistook her pursed lips as a smile. Though should the sight be true, there could only be 2 reasons: she was getting married or she had fatally injured a Contemporary student. I think the latter scenario would be more convincing.
Weird thing was, I thought her forgetting my face was next to impossible, considering what the couple of us did in a particular recital last semester. An incident I do not want to remember too fondly of.
“It’s okay,” I forced myself to be courteous, “Thank you.”
I restrained from snatching the paper from her so quickly that it would give her a paper cut. I still need 4 more of her signatures to pass the damn subject. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment