Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What would you think if I sang out of tune? Would you stand and walk out on me?

All I can remember from Prince of Persia is Jake Gyllenhaal's beautiful face.

Alright. So the plot had some credible twists and turns and surprises, with an almost-over-the-edge dosage of dilemmas and unfortunate struck of fate (considering the fact it WAS a Disney movie, I'd lowered my expectations). I did notice one thing, though, and it was the manner of resolving a conflict. You know, after all those breath-taking stop-time scenes, during which the ghost of the bearer fluttered back past seconds, the glowing sands swished across the paths taken, an airy sigh accompanied the ritardando movements of the subjects involved and the effects in between, it just suddenly ended. Someone was saved. Or killed. In a blink of an eye. I couldn't even catch any flicker of emotion. It was as if the director realized he extended the time travelling moments longer than he intended and had to immediately get rid of that particular stage of event before the film rolled out.

Hmmm. Personally, I thought the director's biggest attribute was capturing Jake's best angle. Unlike some movies where the actor's features seemed distorted or unflatteringly fatten up in some scenes, Jake Gyllenhaal looked flawlessly pulchritudinous throughout the entire show. Especially the zoom-ins. His smile made my day (:

If I were Schuyler Van Alen, Jake Gyllenhaal would HAVE to be my human familiar. (Unless you're Amanda or have read the Blue Bloods series, this sentence wouldn't make much sense)


He reminded me of Jared Leto, that front man from 30 Seconds to Mars. And somehow I like guys with rugged, disheveled appearance. Probably because they don't come across as snobby? Don't know. And I don't bother to, either.

Just a thought, why were the Persians speaking English and carrying a British accent? 

P.S. To answer my mom's question, yes, it was worth the trouble of waking up early to attend the morning slot for Improvisation Skills so that I could leave after band coaching, waiting for an eternity for the shuttle bus to arrive and fighting for breathing space in an overloaded KTM train ride. 
P.P.S I seem to be owing Amanda more and more money as the days pass. 

No comments: