The trip to Leisure Mall for dinner was spontaneous.
So was the urge to have our meal in 3 separate stores.
We shared 2 plates of Chee Cheong Fun and had a bowl of Ice-Kacang each at a store by the roadside because Ai Jia recommended it.
We drank some herbal tea because Derene wanted to soothe her cough.
We bought ourselves herbal tea eggs simply because it smelled so damn good.
I swear, we had only 1 dinner. Just at 3 different places.
And all of it cost less than if we ate at Tai Zi or any of the cafés along the row the shops outside the campus. No, mamak isn't counted.
We should do this more often. Thrifty and adventurous and fun.
Plus, I would actually know where to bring people to eat the next time I have friends visiting.
Though the highlight of the evening, I supposed, was us getting stuck near the bus stop and seeking shelter under the flyover from the drizzling rain because no freaking taxi wanted to head towards Taman Connaught. Derene waved one taxi down after another but none agreed to fetch us back to the college. Afraid of the jam much? So we stayed stranded. For about half an hour. Now THAT was something to remember.
We shared 2 plates of Chee Cheong Fun and had a bowl of Ice-Kacang each at a store by the roadside because Ai Jia recommended it.
We drank some herbal tea because Derene wanted to soothe her cough.
We bought ourselves herbal tea eggs simply because it smelled so damn good.
I swear, we had only 1 dinner. Just at 3 different places.
And all of it cost less than if we ate at Tai Zi or any of the cafés along the row the shops outside the campus. No, mamak isn't counted.
We should do this more often. Thrifty and adventurous and fun.
Plus, I would actually know where to bring people to eat the next time I have friends visiting.
Though the highlight of the evening, I supposed, was us getting stuck near the bus stop and seeking shelter under the flyover from the drizzling rain because no freaking taxi wanted to head towards Taman Connaught. Derene waved one taxi down after another but none agreed to fetch us back to the college. Afraid of the jam much? So we stayed stranded. For about half an hour. Now THAT was something to remember.
Of course, the whole jalan-jalan-cari-makan thing wouldn’t have worked if it weren’t for the cancellation of my band practice, reasons for which are too complicated to explain and for you to comprehend.
So, yeah. It was a nice eating trip with Derene, Ai Jia and Hooi Ching. Interesting but comfortable company.
Thank you for showing me around the area (:
So, yeah. It was a nice eating trip with Derene, Ai Jia and Hooi Ching. Interesting but comfortable company.
Thank you for showing me around the area (:
No comments:
Post a Comment