Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Still your tongue and see the destruction you've caused

I wish you’d know how it was like being on the receiving end on your remark.
How much your words stung.
I did not expect you to ride on the waves of my elation for you obviously had not been through that journey, but I was not selfish enough to not want you to share my excitement.
I did not ask for your empathy in what I am trying to overcome now, but maybe your sympathy.
I was not counting on your questioning of my hold on reality, but perhaps on your steering me in the right direction.
The least you could do was say, “Hey, screw those people. You have me.”
Then again, I knew you well enough to sense your reaction.  
But if my counter act had been hurtful and I sounded as though I were some egoistic maniac who did not give a damn about stabbing back, I am sorry. One’s claws do extend unconsciously while in self-defensive mode.  

No comments: